When it comes to cosmetic dental issues missing teeth is one of the most embarrassing. For people who have one or more teeth missing, they may smile less and feel self-conscious when they talk and laugh. At Warr Dental, we want everyone in our community to feel great about their smile, that's why we offer dental implants as a permanent solution to replacing lost teeth.
Whether you lost your teeth due to an impact to your face or through dental problems, a missing tooth is more than just a blemish on your smile. It also increases the risk for many oral health issues that can lead to future dental work and serious health concerns. The oral health risks that can stem from missing teeth include:
- Shifting of teeth: The teeth surrounding your missing tooth may shift to fill the empty space
- Bone decline: Teeth help keep your jawbone strong and missing teeth actually lead to bone deterioration and weakening
- Gum disease: Missing teeth have shown to increase the risk of gum disease, which can lead to more tooth loss and other health issues
- Sunken facial appearance: Missing multiple teeth can cause your face to lose it shape
For decades, the solution to this cosmetic problem was to replace missing teeth with dentures. While dentures do help, they don't permanently fix the issue and are known to slip at times when eating and speaking.
Dental implants offer many benefits to those who need to replace one or more missing teeth. By using a titanium implant that is placed into the jawbone, the implant actually fuses with your bone, effectively making it a part of your jaw and creating a long-lasting, secure tooth replacement. The many benefits of dental implants include:
- Over 95 percent success rate
- Longest-lasting tooth replacement option
- Improves eating ability
- Improved speech compared to dentures
- Optimal stability allowing you to smile with confidence
- The restorations connected to the implant match the color of your natural teeth
- Extremely durable when properly cared for
- Improves your oral health
- Offers convenience over having to take out and clean dentures
Just as with any dental or medical procedure, it's important to make sure that you're a candidate for the treatment. Dental implants require sufficient bone density in the jaw to allow for the implant to fully integrate into the bone. One must also have healthy gums and be in good overall health. Our dentists will go over all of the qualifications with you further during your initial consultation so that the best treatment will be used to give you a beautiful, healthy smile.
If you'd like to learn more about dental implants and if they are right for you, please contact Warr Dental today at 801-216-3713 to schedule your consultation. We've been proudly serving those in the Salt Lake City area for over 60 years.