There are many conditions that may require the need for an oral surgery. Some of them are:
- Impacted wisdom teeth, which are the last set of teeth to develop and emerge. Sometimes these teeth emerge from the gum line and are not problematic, when a jaw is large enough for them. Most of the time, this is not the case and these third molars fail to emerge in proper alignment or fail to fully emerge from the gum line. When this happens, the tooth becomes entrapped or impacted between the jaw bone and the gum tissue. This can cause swelling, pain and infection of the gum tissue surrounding the tooth. Surgical extraction is recommended.
- Impacted bicuspids may experience the same problems as wisdom teeth;
- Tooth loss resulting from an accident or infection may require dental implants;
- Root canal surgery;
- Unequal jaw growth, where the upper and lower jaw fail to grow properly. This may cause problems in speaking, eating, swallowing and breathing.
- Improved fit for dentures, for first time denture wearers who may have some irregularities in their jaw, and long term denture wearers who are experiencing bone deterioration.
- TMJ , TMD (temporomandibular joint disorder), which is a common source of headaches and facial pain. Most patients can be successfully treated without surgery, but joint surgery is an option for advanced cases.
- Facial injury repair;
- Lesion removal and biopsy;
- Cleft lip and palate repair.
In your complimentary evaluation with cosmetic dentist Dr. Warr, he will listen to your concerns and help develop a treatment plan that is right for you. This may include simply performing minor oral surgery to solve the problem instantly! If additional treatment is required, he may also recommend a more comprehensive treatment plan involving dental implants, crowns or the treatment required in neuromuscular dentistry for TMD symptoms.
It is not necessary to suffer in silence any longer. Dr. Warr is committed to your well being and happiness, and he will use his many years of experience to provide you with the highest level of care. The Warr dental experience will help answer your questions on why our practice has thrived for over 50 years. Dr. Warr took over his father's practice 11 years ago and has continued the Warr Dental tradition ever since. Our before and after gallery will show the technological advances currently offered in our practice, and our testimonials will highlight our happy clients.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your dental health, call or email us today for your complimentary consultation with cosmetic dentist Dr. Warr.