The copious amounts of Halloween candy are enough to cause dental concerns for any parent, but the big spooky night is just the beginning in a long stretch of impending sweet-tooth temptations. The cosmetic dentistry staff at Warr Dental would like to offer all of our patients in West Jordan and Midvale a happy holiday season, and remind you to always keep oral health a top priority.
Many of us brace for the holidays by paying special attention to our exercise routines and caloric intake. While working hard to keep the holiday pounds off, don’t forget to take special precautions to ensure a healthy smile.
Here are a few tips to help your teeth stay in shape through Halloween and beyond:
- Steer clear of sticky sweets like caramel, taffy and gummy worms. These popular treats stick around long after chewing, and hide in the crevices of teeth, making them more difficult for saliva to naturally wash away.
- Avoid sour candy. The acid content of these treats wear down important tooth enamel.
- Say no to bubble gum. Gumballs are candy-coated sugar bombs that harbor unnecessary amounts of sugar. Stick to sugar free gum to satisfy your chewing fix.
- Moderation. Moderation. Moderation. You’re not out of the woods after Halloween. Pumpkin pies and candy canes await. Don’t avoid all the fun of the holidays, but be mindful of the extent that you indulge.
- Brush and floss. As always, brush and floss your teeth daily as part of your dental hygiene routine and stay current on regular dental exams.
To learn more about our cosmetic dentistry services and how we help patients from West Jordan and Midvale keep their teeth strong and white, call Warr Dental today at (801) 216-3713 to schedule an appointment. We welcome patients from South Jordan and throughout Salt Lake City.