Restorative dentistry involves the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of tooth, gum and jaw problems. This process of correcting and restoring oral health typically addresses issues such as oral disease and decaying, cracked or missing teeth. There are many reasons your oral health may be suffering, and our dentist offers a variety restorative dentistry options to give you back a healthy smile you’re proud to show off.
If you have one or more missing teeth or are interested in improving the health and appearance of your smile, please contact Warr Dental in Salt Lake City today at 801-355-5385 to schedule your dental exam. Dr. Warr and our skilled staff of dentistry professionals serve clients throughout Utah, including SLC, Draper, West Valley City and more.
Restorative Dentistry Options & Procedures
Once Dr. Warr has examined your teeth and evaluated your goals, he will provide a diagnosis and discuss your treatment options. Some of these restorative dentistry options include:
- Fillings: We offer silver amalgam and tooth-colored composite resin fillings for cavities.
- Porcelain Crowns and Bridges: Porcelain crowns are customized tooth caps that restore the shape, size and appearance of a damaged tooth or dental implant. Bridges involve using artificial teeth to fill the gap caused by missing teeth.
- Dental Implants: These are artificial tooth roots that are placed into your jaw bone and connected to permanent synthetic teeth. Dental implants restore your smile and prevent further gum and bone recession caused by missing teeth.
- Dentures and Partials: Dentures are removable and can be complete, meaning they replace all teeth when none are remaining, or partial, meaning they replace missing teeth when very few teeth are left in the mouth.
- Gum Treatment: Several studies have linked gum disease to severe health concerns such as heart disease, stroke and diabetes. Gum treatment can involve deep cleaning, medications, gum re-contouring, bone and tissue grafting and surgery.
Full Mouth Restorations
Dr. Warr offers full mouth restorations that combine two or more restorative options. Your oral health depends on a properly aligned bite, healthy soft tissues and strong connective tissues and nerves. When any of these are out of sync, you may have tooth, mouth or jaw pain and difficulty maintaining good oral hygiene.
In addition to some of the procedures and treatments listed above, a full mouth restoration may include:
- Cosmetic dentistry: porcelain veneers, teeth whitening or cosmetic bonding
- Neuromuscular dentistry and TMD treatment
- Orthodontics: Invisalign® clear braces or traditional metal braces
- Oral Surgery: root canal therapy, tooth removal or tissue grafting
Why Choose Dr. Warr for Restorative Dentistry?
Dr. Keith N. Warr has completed several advanced courses in implant restoration and cosmetic dentistry. Dr. Warr is a member of the Utah Dental Association, International School of Dentists and the American Dental Association. He is also an adjunct professor at the University of Utah School of Dentistry. When you choose Warr Dental, you can trust that you’re in well-trained hands for your dental needs.
If you’d like to know more about your restorative dentistry options, please schedule a free consultation at Warr Dental in Salt Lake City today at 801-355-5385. We serve clients in SLC and surrounding areas, including West Valley City and Draper.