White fillings are a more evolved, refined version of the unattractive metal restorations used to support damaged teeth. Salt Lake City cosmetic dentist Dr. Keith Warr uses quality materials to create tooth colored fillings designed to improve the health and appearance of your smile.
If you need to repair a tooth or you’d like to replace worn out metal fillings, please call Warr Dental today at (801) 216-3713 to schedule a consultation to discuss tooth colored fillings. Dr. Warr provides dental restoration to patients throughout the Salt Lake City area.
How Are Tooth Colored Fillings Created?
Instead of obvious components like gold or metal amalgam, white fillings are made from a sturdy composite material. This composite is strong enough to restore teeth damaged by cavities while matching the natural color of teeth for an aesthetically pleasing look.
During your appointment at our Salt Lake City office, Dr. Warr will perform the following steps to create your custom tooth colored fillings:
- Remove decayed portions of the tooth
- Etch the surface to create an even plane for the filling
- Brush a bonding agent onto the tooth
- Apply several thin layers of dental composite
- Bond the filling into place by hardening or curing it with a high-intensity light
- Polish the white filling so the color matches your teeth and blends perfectly with your smile
Patients are consistently more pleased with both the look and feel of metal-free white fillings compared to unbecoming metal alternatives.
Advantages of Tooth Colored Fillings
White fillings are used in almost all instances where metal fillings were once the only option. And the benefits of white fillings don’t end with the more natural look: Metal-free restorations contain no mercury, meaning these fillings are better for your overall health.
Other benefits include:
- Greater resistance to cracking or fracturing, protecting the tooth and the filling
- Composite bonds to the tooth, providing more strength, stability, and a tighter seal than metal
- The filling won’t expand and contract when exposed to temperature changes
- Minimal healthy tooth structure is removed
- Appointment takes less time because the filling is hardened into place faster
If you have older, worn fillings made from gold or metal amalgam, Dr. Warr can replace your metal fillings with tooth colored restorations that defy detection. For Salt Lake City patients with extensive damage too great for a filling, Dr. Warr can also discuss the potential benefits of dental inlays and onlays for repairing chips and cracks while preserving an attractive look for your smile.
To find out how you can say goodbye to “metal mouth” and have a restored, natural looking smile, please contact Warr Dental or call (801) 216-3713 today to schedule your free consultation at our Salt Lake City office. Dr. Warr serves patients visiting us from Midvale, West Jordan, and other nearby communities.