Dr. Keith Warr and Dr. Margaret Hyams provide composite fillings to repair and restore your smile. These tooth-colored restorations blend in with your natural teeth to give you a beautiful result as well as fully restoring your oral health and function. Call Warr Dental at 801-355-5385 today to set up an appointment with our dentists and learn more about composite dental fillings in Salt Lake City, Utah.
What Are Tooth-Colored Dental Fillings?
Composite dental fillings are tooth-colored restorations used to repair, restore and support damaged teeth. Instead of gold or metal amalgam, these fillings are made from a white composite material that matches the natural color of your teeth. This gives you an aesthetic appearance as well as a durable final result that restores your oral health and function.
Dental Filling Procedure
When you receive a dental filling, our dentists will:
- Remove the decayed and damaged portions of your tooth
- Prepare the tooth surface to receive the filling
- Brush a bonding agent onto the tooth
- Apply the dental composite
- Use a high intensity light to cure, or harden, the filling
- Polish the filling
Your filling should look and feel like your natural tooth after your treatment is complete.
Benefits of Tooth-Colored Fillings
There are many advantages to tooth-colored fillings. These benefits include:
- A more natural and aesthetic appearance following treatment
- Composite fillings contain no mercury, making them a healthier and safer treatment option
- The filling has increased resistance to cracking and fracturing following treatment
- Composite material bonds better with the tooth to give your restoration a tighter seal and greater strength and stability
- This type of filling is minimally invasive, so less of your healthy tooth structure is removed
- Fillings can be hardened and bonded into place more quickly, reducing your treatment time
- Tooth-colored fillings can easily replace old, metal fillings
To find out more about composite dental fillings and schedule your appointment with Dr. Warr or Dr. Hyams, please contact our office at 801-355-5385.