Cosmetic dentistry is the best way to get the smile you’ve always wanted. Whether your teeth are crooked, stained or cracked, porcelain veneers could be a great option for you. Before you make the commitment to porcelain veneers, make sure you ask our orthodontist these 7 questions during your consultation:
- Are porcelain veneers the right choice for me? There are several cosmetic options for you to choose from. You could be a better candidate for a smile makeover, dental bonding or teeth whitening.
- How will you choose what color to make my veneers? Dr. Warr will use your input and desired results to pick which tooth color and/or shape will work best for you.
- How long will it take from my first visit to my final veneers? The length of time before your veneers are complete depends on the condition of your teeth, gums and whether you have bone loss.
- How much tooth reduction is needed? Veneers require your natural tooth enamel to be shaved down to accommodate the thin porcelain shells placed over each tooth.
- Can my veneers be removed in the future? Porcelain veneers are not usually reversible. If you think you may want to remove them in the future, consider Lumineers instead. Lumineers are completely reversible.
- How do I clean and protect my veneers? One benefit of veneers is that you can take care of them just like you take care of your natural teeth: by brushing twice a day and flossing once a day.
- How long will my veneers last? Porcelain veneers can last anywhere from 10 years to a lifetime depending on how well you care for them and which orthodontist you chose. Dr. Warr is a 2016 SPECTRUM Award winner with the skill and experience necessary to give you long lasting veneers.
If you’re interested in porcelain veneers, please contact Warr Dental in South Jordan today at (801) 355-5385 to schedule your dental exam. Dr. Warr provides general and cosmetic dentistry to patients in South Jordan, Salt Lake City, Midvale and surrounding Utah areas.