A missing tooth can be a huge burden. Not only can it change the way you eat, it can also make a big difference in how you smile. If an incomplete smile is making you feel embarrassed or self-conscious, Salt Lake City dentist Dr. Keith Warr can enhance your appearance with dental implants.
Dental implants have a number of advantages over other tooth replacement options. To find out more, please call Warr Dental today at 801-355-5385 to schedule your initial consultation with our Salt Lake City implant dentist.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are prosthetic tooth roots used to fill the gap left by one or more missing teeth. A completed implant consists of three parts:
- A titanium post that replaces the root
- An abutment raised above the gum line
- A dental crown, bridge, or other restoration that connects to the abutment and replaces the visible portion of your tooth
Dr. Warr will perform oral surgery to place the dental implant directly into the bone beneath the gum tissue. Once the jaw and gums have had time to heal, which can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months, a natural-looking restoration will be attached to the abutment to complete the implant procedure.
Benefits of Dental Implants
The key advantage of a dental implant is its ability to restore the entire look and function of a missing tooth. Once the implant is surgically placed, it bonds with the jaw bone, providing exceptional stability.
Other advantages of dental implants include:
- Over 95 percent success rate
- Longest-lasting tooth replacement option
- Optimal stability means you can eat, smile, brush, and floss with confidence
- Tooth-colored restorations connected to the implant retain your smile’s natural appearance
Dental implants are also an effective treatment for some of the most common issues people with one or more missing teeth can face, including:
- Restrictions on what foods you can eat
- Bone loss in the area where the tooth used to be
- Shifting of surrounding teeth
How Can Dental Implants Help Me?
Dental implants are natural-looking alternatives to dentures and other types of restorations used to repair or replace missing teeth. Sometimes the procedure can be used as part of a full mouth restoration to correct aesthetic and functional aspects of a patient’s mouth. Although highly effective, the treatment is not right for everyone, so it's important to determine if you are a good candidate for dental implants.
To learn more about how dental implants can replace missing teeth long-term and restore your ear-to-ear grin, please contact Warr Dental online or call 801-355-5385 today to schedule a consultation with our implant dentist. Dr. Warr serves patients in or around Salt Lake City, Draper, Midvale, West Valley City and other nearby areas of Utah.