Pediatric dentists are the pediatricians of dentistry. At Warr Dental, our dental services for kids are designed to help children feel at home and comfortable, and to give them a good start on dental hygiene habits for life. Our experienced dental staff is trained to respond to the special concerns and needs of children.
If you have young children, we would encourage you to develop a dental program at home by the time they are 12 months of age. Any delay in the initiation of a daily regimen may lead to significant disease progression. This also means that young children should have their first dental appointment by their first birthday.
Your Child’s First Dental Exam
At this examination, our dentist Dr. Warr will:
- Record a thorough medical and dental history. Parents should be prepared to review the prenatal, perinatal, and postnatal periods of their child's development.
- Perform an oral exam with the parent present in the office. Here the child’s oral health and dental development should be evaluated.
- Discuss the child’s risk of developing oral and dental disease, based on family history and medical history.
- Determine the need for fluoride supplementation.
- To prevent decay and damage to emerging teeth, discuss non-nutritive habits such as finger sucking; pacifier use; injury prevention; and effects of diet and nutrition.
- Discuss sedation and anesthesia techniques used at the practice.
Based on the results of the examination, Dr. Warr will determine the appropriate schedule for the next dental visit. In high-risk cases, it may be as early as three months because dental decay in children can progress very rapidly.
Why Choose Warr Dental for Your Child's First Appointment
We know that all children are not alike. We treat each child as an individual and help to assess their personal needs early on. Our team works hard to help each child develop a good oral hygiene schedule and regimen that can be maintained for a lifetime!
To schedule a visit to our office in Salt Lake City, please call Warr Dental at 801-355-5385 today. Dr. Warr and his team serve West Valley City, Draper and other nearby areas of Utah.