Congratulations! You’ve just experienced a revolutionary ZOOM!™ tooth whitening procedure. The next 24-48 hours are important to enhance and maximize your whitening results:
- As instructed by our office, keep the custom trays in your mouth, with the desensitizing solution, for 30 minutes immediately following your ZOOM!™ tooth whitening procedure. This will rapidly help relieve any sensitivity while rehydrating and remineralizing your teeth at the same time.
- For the next 24-48 hours, avoid eating or drinking substances that could stain a white shirt (i.e. cola drinks, red wine, mustard, etc.)
- For lingering sensitivity, you may place a small drop of desensitizing solution on your finger and rub directly on the area or tooth that is sensitive. You may also use Advil, Motrin or Ibuprofen as directed.
For patients with take-home whitening systems (or Zoom!™ touch-ups with custom trays), please follow these simple guidelines:
- Prior to bleaching at home, always floss and brush your teeth first.
- Place a pea-sized amount of whitening gel in the center of each tooth compartment in the custom tray.
- Place custom tray with the gel in your mouth. When inserting the tray, be careful not to push the gel out, but be sure that the tray is completely seated. Remove any excess gel with your finger or tissue. Avoid direct contact of gel with gums and/or salivary flow.
- For take-home whitening systems, whiten 15-30 minutes per day during the daytime until desired results are achieved OR a minimum of 2 hours to overnight during the nighttime. When finished, rinse trays with cold water, place in the storage case, and store in a cool, dry place along with remaining gel. Rinse and brush excess gel from your teeth.
- Custom trays can be reused in the future every 4-6 months when minimal touch-up is desired.
If you have any questions or concerns about what to do after teeth whitening, please call Warr Dental at 801-355-5385 for assistance.